How do I import a cannabis order from the OCS?
Follow these steps
Instead of entering products from your cannabis order into GlobalTill one by one, you can use the advanced shipment notice to import everything on your order at once.
To import the OCS Advanced Shipment Notice (ASN), follow these steps.
- Select Purchasing > Purchase Orders.
- Select Actions > Upload OCS ASN File.
- Choose the ASN file you wish to upload, and the Supplier. Select Submit.
- If you don't have Auto Add Cannabis Items enabled, you'll be redirected to the PO edit screen. Review upload warnings and, if required, create any missing products and add them to your PO.
- If you have Auto Add Cannabis Items enabled:
- If all products on your ASN file already exist in your store, you'll be redirected to the PO edit screen.
- If there's products on your ASN file that don't yet exist in your store with a matching OCS GTIN, you'll be redirected to the Set Product Data screen. Review and enter product data, then press Bulk Set Values to return to the PO edit screen.
- If there's products on your ASN file that don't yet exist in your store without a matching OCS GTIN, you'll be redirected to the PO edit screen. Review upload warnings, create any missing products and add them to your PO.
Frequently asked questions
- What is Auto Add Cannabis Items?
Auto Add Cannabis Items is a new feature created to improve the automated import process for products purchased from the OCS. When enabled, cannabis products on the ASN file that don't exist in your store will be automatically added to your store from the provincial database.
- How does Auto Add Cannabis Items work?
GlobalTill references the GTIN column from the ASN file and scans the OCS product catalog for a match. If a match is found for any products that don't currently exist in your store, you'll be redirected from the PO edit screen where you can confirm and enter the data needed to create it.
- What if there's no matching GTIN found?
If a GTIN match isn't found, the standard warning flag stating a SKU cannot be found is displayed and the product must be created manually.
- How do I enable Auto Add Cannabis Items?
Enable Auto Add Cannabis Items in your store settings. Go to Settings > Store Settings > Other Settings and select Auto Add Cannabis Items.
- What data is used when a product is automatically created from an ASN file?
Neither the OCS product catalog nor the ASN file individually have enough information to fully populate product data. At minimum when a product is auto-created, you must enter the POS Equivalent Grams and the Base Selling Price. All other fields are pulled from GT or the OCS product catalog. Categories are populated with the OCS categories by default but are included in the product creation screen for convenience, as not all retailers follow OCS category conventions. For a full mapping guide, see the article What is auto add cannabis items? (OCS).
For more information, see the article How to convert a purchase order to a supplier invoice.