How do I locate supplier information? What is the difference between the supplier info tab and the supplier price records?
Follow these steps
The GT Backend offers two primary locations to find supplier information.
Because the Supplier Info Tab and the Supplier Price Records contain the same information, if you change the information in one area it will be updated in the other.
Supplier Info Tab
Each product has a Supplier Info tab, which houses supplier price records for each product. If a product is sold through multiple suppliers, you will see multiple supplier records under this tab.
In some industries, each province or region will have its own supplier to capture the distinct costs/suppliers for a given set of products.
These records may differ depending on whether you are a single store, multi-store, or main environment. Some records will not be populated or relevant depending on your industry (or even who your suppliers are).
- The GlobalTill supplier is the provider of a product or service.
- Supplier Code
- A unique code and primary identifier a supplier uses for a product
- Default Cost Zones (Multi-store)
- The list of cost zones where the supplier is designated as the default supplier. This populates the supplier wholesale price when the record is synced.
- Available Cost Zones (Multi-store)
- The list of cost zones where the product is available to buy.
- Supplier Wholesale Price
- The Supplier price is the price paid when purchasing this product from the supplier.
- Supplier Wholesale List Price
- The supplier price without any discounts applied.
- Standard Discount
- The discount expressed as a percentage from the list price.
- ISO Discount
- Initial Store Opening Discount - This is a discount that is typically provided to new store openings and varies based on brand/supplier. It is not used within GT with the exception of generating a PO with ISO discounts factored in.
- Other Discount
- If the supplier uses other discounts, this field can be used to record them.
- MSRP High
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price High
- MSRP Low
- Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price Low
- MSRP Other
- MSRP is the product’s MSRP if the supplier doesn’t have high or low bands.
- Units per Case
- The number of individual items that make up a case or also the numbers of inners in an outer pack.
- Price Change
- Case Full Cost (all in)
- Full Case/Pack Cost including any deposits and taxes
- Unit Full Cost (all in)
- Full individual Unit Cost including any deposits and taxes
- Case Cost Base (no tax/deposit)
- Case/Pack base cost
- Unit Cost Base (no tax/deposit)
- Unit base cost
- Compliance UPS Code
- UPC code for regulated markets such as cannabis.
Supplier Price Records
The very same supplier information can also be located in the Supplier Price Records. However, because the information is presented in a table format, you can view, hide, sort, and filter multiple supplier records at once. Select Supplier > Supplier Price Records.
For more information, see the article How to use supplier price records list.
Please sign in to leave a comment.