This policy applies to direct GlobalTill clients. If you purchase GlobalTill through a solution partner, the Support & Service Policy (Partner Network) will apply.
- Support is available from Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM MST.
- After hours support is limited, though we do have solution partners who offer 24/7 round the clock phone and email support.
- GlobalTill engineers respond to active platform incidents 24/7/365. GlobalTill support responds to after-hours support requests on a best-effort basis.
- Our standard support provides guidance and “how-to” via online chat or callback.
- Enhanced support agreements are available to cover specialized onboarding, database management, and more.
GlobalTill assists with performing everyday operations within GlobalTill, with defect reporting, and accepting new feature requests. GlobalTill provides end-user support in the form of general guidance, “how-to” support, and problem troubleshooting.
Database management and operations support are NOT included except through our Enhanced Service Agreement offering.
Support requests received after hours will be answered on the next business day. Urgent support requests will be answered on a best-effort basis after hours. However, GlobalTill does not provide any guaranteed response time. GlobalTill considers urgent requests to be situations in which a location is entirely unable to transact (perform sales and collect payment).
- Incident Support - Identifying and troubleshooting problems in the system
- Assistance with issues during installation (on supported hardware)
- Assistance with issues during upgrades (on supported hardware)
- Identifying and creating needed bug reports
- Guidance around implementation and configuration
- Integration support with other GlobalTill products
Support does not Include
- Customers without a valid maintenance agreement
- Early Access Preview, End of Life, Alpha, Beta, Release Candidate or Development releases
- Customized versions of GlobalTill products (customized = original product code has been modified)
- Development questions or requests
- Third-party application integrations or third-party plugins
- Product training
- Support in languages other than English & Spanish
- Professional Services
- System & Performance tuning
- Deployment & Capacity Planning
- Installation & Upgrade Services
Hardware purchased directly through GlobalTill is guaranteed to be compatible with new GlobalTill releases for at least two years from the date of purchase. However, it is much longer in most cases.
Clients who provide their hardware do so at their own risk due to potential compatibility problems. GlobalTill will help troubleshoot third-party hardware compatibility issues on a best-effort basis. However, these issues are prioritized lower due to the disproportionate amount of time it takes to service these requests.
Enhanced Service Agreements (ESA)
Optional enhanced service agreements provide extended support for requests such as database management and operations. We require a minimum 12-month commitment for any of our ESA options listed below.
GT Premier Support (optional)
We offer GT Premier Support services under a separate enhanced service agreement (ESA).
This includes direct phone and enhanced email service for up to two named contacts. Support requests are handled directly via our Dedicated Senior Support Team.
- Dedicated priority phone line
- On-Call upgrade coverage
- Proactive health checks
- Database Management and Operations Support (optional)
Database management services are available under a separate enhanced service agreement (ESA).
Some organizations benefit greatly from having an expert team manage their new product entry, price changes, promotions, loyalty programming, and reporting. GlobalTill’s Dataops team provides you with an extensive initial consultation to determine your needs and process flows, and on an ongoing basis, provides you with a single point of contact to manage your product data, pricing, account changes, and reporting needs.
Standard Support Delivery
The primary support mechanism for GlobalTill is our in-app chat system called Intercom. To access Intercom, click on the chat button in the bottom, the right-hand corner from anywhere in the GlobalTill back office.
GlobalTill can also be contacted for support via e-mail at email@example.com.
We do not provide direct phone support. However, depending on the nature of the problem, callbacks may be scheduled when appropriate.
- On-site support is rarely required, even for new installations. However, in the event you would like on-site support services, the fees from GlobalTill are as follows:
- On-site support services are subject to an additional fee of $175/hour + travel time. On-site support is not guaranteed and depends on the availability of support resources in your region.
- Customers are encouraged to request a preliminary quote for on-site service prior to acceptance.
Onboarding and Setup
GlobalTill does not offer advanced data retrieval as part of our normal onboarding process. The licensee is expected to provide copies of products, customers (including account balance), gift cards, and supplier databases in either CSV or Excel format so that it can be loaded into GlobalTill.
Advanced data retrieval is subject to a $250 per hour surcharge (with a 1-hour minimum and billed in 15-minute increments), based on availability. GlobalTill is unable to guarantee the data we extract from your previous point of sale (POS) system is complete, fit for use, or accurate. It remains your responsibility to verify all data that is transferred to GlobalTill.