Before you start
This action can only be performed by Admin level user accounts.
API Keys should be treated like passwords. Provide API keys only when necessary and to trusted entities. We strongly recommend the use of unique API keys for each integration partner. In the event the service is revoked, you can simply delete that key.
How do I generate an API key?
Follow these steps
The API key is a unique identifier that authenticates integration between third-party applications and GlobalTill. Stores can generate API keys by following these steps.
- Select Settings > Advanced.
- Select API Keys. This will bring up a list of API keys for your store.
- To create a new API, select New API Key.
- Give the API Key a Label. We recommend naming it after the service you are integrating with.
- Select Submit.
- The API Key will display. This will be the ONLY time it is displayed in its entirety, so be sure to copy it in a secure location like a password manager.
- Remember to add your API key to the third-party integration.
For more information, see the articles: