How do I retrieve the logs from the GT POS?
Follow these steps
As a user of GlobalTill, it can be useful to locate log files for troubleshooting purposes or to access specific information related to the application. In this technical support article, we will guide you on how to navigate to the %appdata% folder in Windows, where you can find the GlobalTill log files stored in the "GlobalTill POS and "report" subfolder.
Proceed with caution
It is important to be cautious while accessing and modifying files or folders on your system. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to avoid unintended changes.
Ensure you only modify files or folders if you are familiar with the purpose and understand the potential consequences. You can generally modify or remove the log files under the "report" folder but you should not modify any of the files under the "GlobalTill POS" folder generally speaking.
- Press the "Windows Key" and "R" together. This will open the "Run" dialog box.
- In the "Run" dialog box, type "%appdata%" (without quotes) and hit Enter. This will open the "%appdata%" folder.
- Within the "%appdata%" folder, locate the "GlobalTill POS" folder. Double-click on it to open it.
- In the "GlobalTill POS" folder, you will find the "report" subfolder. Double-click on it to open it.
- The full path to the "report" subfolder should look like this:
- Inside the "report" subfolder, you will find various GlobalTill log files. These files contain valuable information for troubleshooting or analysis.
Log files are in CSV format, where the file name is the date in YYYYMMMDD.csv format.
Navigating to the %appdata% folder in Windows allows you to easily access the GlobalTill log files stored in the "GlobalTill POS/report" subfolder. By locating and analyzing these log files, you can effectively troubleshoot any issues or gather specific information related to the GT POS application.