How do I manage my safes in the GT Backend?
Follow these steps
Safe Management is where you create, search, export, and count your safes. Additionally, it's a record of safe drops made at the POS.
To access Safe Management, follow these steps.
Below is a list and explanation of the different safe management features.
Create a safe
To create a safe in the GT Backend, follow these steps.
- From safe management, select the Wrench icon > New Safe.
- Enter a Name for the safe, then select Submit.
Search through transactions
There's different methods you can use to search through your safes, from the safe you want to search through you can:
- Use the Search Fields to search through columns.
- Select the Sorting Arrows to sort the columns in ascending or descending order.
Export, copy, or print safe transactions
There's four different ways to export safe data, select whichever method best suits your situation:
- Select Excel, to export all of the safe transactions to an Excel spreadsheet.
- Select CSV, to export all of the safe transactions as a CSV file.
- Select Copy, to copy all of the transactions, so you can paste them in a spreadsheet or another location.
- Select Print, to print all of the safe transactions.
Add or remove funds
To add or remove funds from a safe, follow these steps.
- From the safe you want to adjust, select Actions > Manually Add/Remove Funds.
- Enter the Amount you'd like to add and any Notes about why you are adjusting funds, if you'd like to remove funds enter a negative number instead, then select Submit.
Count the safe
To record a safe count, follow these steps.
- Once you're done manually counting your safe, select Actions > Count Safe.
- Enter the Amount counted and any Notes to accompany it, then select Submit.
Frequently asked questions
- Why are my end of day cash balances and bank deposits recorded in my store's safe balance?
This occurs when a default safe is assigned in your store settings. This default designation automatically routes the funds to the default safe.
- How can I fix this issue?
Remove the default safe from your settings. Go to Settings > Store Settings, and select Edit Store. Go to the Advanced settings tab and remove the safe from the "Default Safe" field. To ensure that the changes take effect, remember to refresh your POS after completing the changes in the GT Backend.