How do I enter a Coca-Cola supplier invoice?
Follow these steps
To enter a Coca-Cola invoice into GlobalTill, follow these steps.
Set up Coca-Cola as a supplier
To set up Coca-Cola as a supplier, follow these steps.
- Select Purchasing > Suppliers List.
- Select Actions > New Supplier.
- Enter the Supplier Name as Coca-Cola Canada, and input the Default tax rate for your region.
- Ensure Prices includes taxes and Auto subtract deposit are both unchecked. Then select Submit.
Create the invoice
Once Coca-Cola is setup as a supplier, create and populate the invoice.
To create the invoice, follow these steps.
- Selecting Purchasing > Supplier Invoices.
- Select the Wrench icon > New Supplier Invoice.
- Select Coca-Cola Canada as the supplier, enter the Date of invoice, enter the Supplier reference, then select Submit.
- From the blank invoice, select Actions > Edit.
- Select New to add products.
- In the Coca-Cola example below, enter the unit price as the cost into the GT Backend. Work from the email confirmation from Coca-Cola because their unit price includes GST, but does not include a deposit.
- In the GT Backend, the invoice is entered like this.
- Once your invoice is complete, post and receive the invoice as usual.
Frequently asked questions
- Why is the deposit $2.00?
For 2L bottles, GT follows the container deposit rule for Alberta, which is $0.25 on bottles larger than 1L. Eight bottles at $0.25 is $2.00 total.
- How do I know the units per case?
Some versions of the Coca-Cola invoices have the units per case in the product description, like 2x15x355 mL. However, not all versions do. When in doubt, consult with Coca-Cola directly.
- The total of the GlobalTill invoice doesn't match my paper invoice. Why?
Coca-Cola has a non-line item fee called a container recycling fee. This is separate from government-mandated bottle deposits. You are not required to add this charge in GlobalTill, but you may if you want your order total to be closer to the balance.