How do I create or edit a subcategory?
Follow these steps
To create a subcategory, follow these steps. To edit the settings of an existing subcategory, follow steps 1 - 2, then skip to step 5.
- Select Products > Product Management.
- Select Category Manager.
- Select the Wrench Icon > New SubCategory.
- Enter the subcategory name and select Submit. You will be returned to the Category Listings screen.
- To edit subcategory settings, select the name of the subcategory you wish to edit.
- Enter the subcategory settings and select Submit. See table below for definitions of each field.
Subcategory settings explained
|Product category||The name of the subcategory.|
|Display name text||The customer facing name displayed on invoices and in select integrations.|
|Other description||A custom field used in select integrations, often for product mapping. For more information, contact GlobalTill support.|
|Order number||Determines the placement of the column for this category in select reporting.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.