How do I allow price embedded or other or specialty barcodes?
Follow these steps
Stores requiring price embedded barcodes (for example, products whose price changes based on weight) can set up the barcode specifications in GlobalTill through POS settings.
- Select POS Settings > POS.
- Look for the Barcode settings
- Enter Custom Price Embedded Barcode Format to parse price embedded barcodes by matching the output of scale you are using to generate the barcode.
- Turn on Non-Alphanumeric Barcodes to include non-alpha number characters such as dashes.
- Turn on Allow Stacked Barcodes if you need to take out the UPC code when it is turned on so you can scan barcodes at the POS as if they were any regular consumer items with a UPC-like barcode. This setting is primarily related to regulated industries such as cannabis using the GS1 Expanded DataBar and Expanded Stacked DataBar symbologies. The Expanded DataBars will contain (in this order): GTIN (AI- 01), Expiry Date (AI- 17) OR 500723 if no expiry date, LOT (AI- 10).