Before you start
Manufacturer Coupon Button must be enabled in POS Settings. For more information, see the article How to enable manufacturer coupons at the POS.
How do I apply a manufacturer coupon to a product at the POS?
Follow these steps
Some manufacturers offer retailers a reimbursable coupon to pass along to customers purchasing their products. To apply a manufacturer coupon to a product at the POS, follow these steps.
- Add the product to the transaction.
- Select the three dots beside the line item you wish to discount.
- Select Mfg. Coupon.
- Using the keypad, enter the discount amount in dollars. Select Submit.
Frequently asked questions
- Why is the discount amount applied to the transaction less than the amount of manufacturer coupon?
Salesperson user accounts can only discount up the max allowable salesperson discount amounts entered in the POS settings. Ask your manager to update the POS settings or perform a manager override to apply the full discount amount.
- Whats the difference between a manufacturer coupon and a coupon from the View Coupon list?
Manufacturer coupons are reimbursable discounts offered by the manufacturer to the end consumer, the retailer is compensated for the discount amount. Coupons in the View Coupon list at the POS are created by someone in your organization and are not reimbursable by default.