Before you start
Products must exist in both the sending and the receiving locations in order to transferred between stores.
How do I process a store to store transfer?
Follow these steps
To create and send a store to store transfer, follow these steps.
- In the sending store, select Selling > Customer Orders.
- Select Actions > New Transfer.
- Enter the transfer details. Under Transfer Customer, select the receiving store. Then select Submit.
- Add the products and quantities to the transfer by selecting New and selecting each product from the dropdown.
- Once all of the products are added to the transfer, select Actions > Mark All Lines as Picked.
All items in a store to store transfer must be picked before finalizing the transfer. Unpicked items won't be included in the transfer.
- Select Actions > Preview Transfer.
- Select Finalize & Post Transfer to complete the transfer and update the inventory in the receiving store.
- You'll be redirected back to the transfer screen where you'll see a green bubble indicating the transfer has been completed.
- The transaction will be recorded on the product's inventory tab in both stores.
Frequently asked questions
- Where do I get a copy of the transfer for my records?
Transfers are saved in the customer order list of the sending store. Access them under Selling > Customer Orders, remember to unhide invoiced/merged orders and filter the type to transfer.
To print a copy of a transfer, open the transfer and select Transfer Record.
- Do I have to perform a manual receive in the receiving store?
No. The inventory is updated in the receiving store when Finalize & Post Transfer is selected.
- Why am I getting a 500 error when selecting Finalize and Post Transfer?
The most common reason for a 500 error at Finalize and Post Transfer is that there is a product on your transfer that doesn't exist in the receiving store.