What are the supported platforms for GlobalTill?
GlobalTill's backend is completely cloud-based, so all you need to use it is a web browser. Our preferred browser is Google Chrome.
Most computers bought off the shelf at a reputable computer store will work for a basic POS station. Use of cash drawer, barcode scanner and other peripherals are optional.
GlobalTill's POS runs on most standard hardware. Please contact us for information on detailed hardware specifications at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following platforms are supported by GlobalTill.
- macOS 10.10 and later
- Only 64-bit binaries are provided for macOS. *M1 support coming in v5
- Windows 10 and later
- Only 64-bit binaries are provided for Windows. GlobalTill no longer provides ia32 builds of the POS application and users are required to have a 64-bit processor.
- Linux is currently unsupported
Older versions of Mac or Windows operating systems may present compatibility issues and are not supported.
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- 4 GB RAM
- Multicore Intel processor (with 64-bit support) or AMD Athlon 64 processor. *M1 support coming in v5
- 10 GB free space
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- 8 GB RAM
- Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 or better. *M1 support coming in v5
- 10 GB free space, installed on an SSD
For more information about payment integrations, see the article What payment processors are integrated with GlobalTill?