What are the supported platforms for GlobalTill?
GlobalTill's backend is completely cloud-based, so all you need to use it is a web browser. Our preferred browser is Google Chrome.
Most computers bought off the shelf at a reputable computer store will work for a basic POS station. Use of cash drawer, barcode scanner and other peripherals are optional.
GlobalTill's POS runs on most standard hardware. Please contact us for information on detailed hardware specifications at firstname.lastname@example.org. The following platforms are supported by GlobalTill.
- macOS 10.10 and later.
- Windows 10 and later.
Older versions of either operating system may present compatibility issues and are not supported.
- Linux is currently unsupported.
- Only 64-bit binaries are provided for macOS.
amd64) binaries are provided for Windows.
- GlobalTill no longer provides ia32 builds of the POS application and users are required to have a 64-bit processor.
Minimum Hardware Specifications
- 4 GB RAM.
- Multicore Intel processor (with 64 bit support) or AMD Athlon 64 processor.
- 10 GB free space.
Recommended Hardware Specifications
- 8 GB RAM.
- Intel i5 or AMD Ryzen 5 or better.
- 10 GB free space, installed on an SSD.