Before you start
Your terminal should be setup in standalone mode and connected to the Internet before you connect it to GlobalTill. Contact your payment processor for assistance or refer to the set-up guide included with the terminal.
How do I enter semi-integrated mode on the Ingenico Desk 5000 or Move 5000?
Follow these steps
To enter semi-integrated mode, follow these steps on your payment terminal.
- At the home screen, press [.,#*] for the administrator menu.
- Scroll down and select Misc. Option.
- If prompted, key in the admin name and admin password, and then press [Enter].
- Select Semi-Integrated to enter the semi-integrated menu.
- Set the Enable SemiInteg setting to ON.
- Select Communication Type and then select Ethernet or WiFi (as applicable).
- Enter the terminal port number. (If you aren't sure, use port 48484). Your terminal IP address will display on the screen. Write it down, you'll need this later.
- Return to the semi-integrated menu, and select Receipt Options.
- Select Receipts at ECR.
- Press [Cancel] three (3) times to return to Home screen.
- If your semi-integration configuration is complete, the following image of a cash register with "Welcome/Bonjour" will show on the home screen (the colours may be different depending on your payment processor).
Frequently asked questions
- What if there is no semi-integrated menu option referenced in Step 4?
Earlier versions of the Desk and Move 5000 terminals didn't offer semi-integration. If you don't have the option to select Semi-Integrated from the Misc. Options menu, your terminal might need a software update. Reach out to your payment provider for more information.
- How does the GlobalTill POS communicate with the payment terminal?
GlobalTill communicates with the payment terminal over the local network. There is no direct connection or cable between the payment terminal and the POS.