Before you start
Before connecting with GlobalTill, set up your Flex by connecting the hardware and charging the device. Then, follow the onscreen prompts to activate it and connect it to the internet. For more information, see the article Set up your Clover Flex on the clover website.
How do I connect my Clover Flex device to GlobalTill?
Follow these steps
The Clover Flex is a portable credit card and debit card processing terminal offered by fiserv. To setup your Flex, follow these steps.
Pair the Clover device with your GT POS station
- In the GT Backend, select Settings > Payment Integrations.
- Under Clover (fiserv), select Connect Clover. If you are re-directed to the Clover Dashboard login page, enter your Clover account information and select Submit to complete authorization and return to GlobalTill.
- Under the POS station you would like to pair, select Pair Station.
- Select the Clover device to pair with the selected POS station.
Install Cloud Pay Display on the Clover device
The Cloud Pay Display app must be installed and running on the Clover Flex device to connect with GlobalTill.
- On the Flex home screen, select the More Tools app.
- In the search bar, type the following search terms:
Cloud Pay Display. Select the corresponding result that appears below the search bar.
- On the app's details page, select Connect.
- On the confirmation modal, select Connect to automatically download and install the app to your Flex.
Connect the GT POS to the Clover device
- From the GT POS, access the POS Settings.
- Go to the Payments tab.
- Enable the Clover switch. You're now connected.
Frequently asked questions
- Can GlobalTill detect the Clover Flex device state from the GT POS?
Yes. The GT POS is kept updated on state of the Clover Flex device. For example, if the Clover device is powered down and the Card tender button is selected at the POS, you may see error message Your Clover terminal isn't connected.
- The Clover toggle in the POS settings is greyed out, or giving me an error message when I try to enable. What should I do?
The Clover Flex integration requires setup in the GT Backend before you can connect with the GT POS. Follow the steps under Pair the Clover device with your GT POS station at the top of this article to ensure your Clover account is connected with GlobalTill and your Flex is paired with your GT POS station.
- What is Cloud Pay Display?
Cloud Pay Display is the Clover app that allows for the integration between Clover and GlobalTill. Cloud Pay Display specifically enables the ability for customers to pay for orders created on the GT POS using the Flex device.
- My Clover device is not showing up in my list of devices in the GT Backend.
Login to your Clover dashboard and select Account Setup > About Your Business > Devices to review your list of devices.