Semi-integration with the Moneris Desk/5000 or Move/5000 requires POS v4.10.0+.
How do I set up semi-integration on my Moneris Desk/5000 or Move/5000?
Follow these steps
Semi-integration is an operating mode that connects your Moneris payment terminal with the GT POS while maintaining separation between payment information and other systems.
When the terminal is semi-integrated, salespeople simply select Card at checkout to send the balance from the POS to the payment terminal. The payment terminal sends the approval message back to the POS, and your POS automatically completes the transaction.
Before you start
Before setting up semi-integration, you must complete the following.
- Set up your Moneris terminal hardware and software.
- For wireless terminals (Move/5000): Disable cellular communication, enable Wi-Fi, and set up a Wi-Fi connection. Make sure your Moneris terminal and your POS are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Ensure you can process transactions in standalone mode in order to verify your Moneris terminal is connected to your network and to the Moneris Host.
For additional guidance, see Getting Started with the Desk/5000 or Move/5000 (Moneris).
Enable semi-integrated mode on your device
To enable semi-integrated mode on your Moneris Desk/5000 or Move/5000, follow these steps.
- Select Settings.
- Select Application.
- Select Integration.
- Select the Integration toggle to enable semi-integration.
- Under Solution Type, select Core Semi-Integrated.
- Under Integration Method:
- Select Ethernet for the Desk/5000.
- Select Wi-Fi for the Move/5000.
- Under Listening Port, change the default port number if required. If you're unsure, use 9000.
- Select the Print on terminal toggle to disable/enable support for printing receipts on the terminal. This option is enabled by default. If you disable it, all receipts will print on your POS printer.
- Select Save to return to the Application Settings menu.
- Press the menu key on the keypad to return to the main menu. Note: When the terminal is semi-integrated, the Transactions icon no longer appears on the Main menu. All transactions are initiated from your POS.
- To toggle back to standalone mode, as required:
- On the Main menu, swipe left to view the second screen.
- Select Standalone.
Enter the Moneris terminal communication settings into the GT POS
To enter the Moneris terminal communication settings into the GT POS, follow these steps.
- Print the Communication Report from your Moneris terminal.
- On the Main menu, select Reports > Settings Reports > Communication. The report displays on the screen. Select Print or press 1 on the keypad to print.
- Go to the GT POS. If you're logged in, log out to return to the login screen where you enter your PIN.
- Instead of selecting a user, enter ".14" into the POS pinpad and select Login.
- On the Diagnostic tab, use Network interfaces to take note of your network's IP address. The first three octets must match the first three octets of your Moneris terminal's IP address (displayed on the Communication Report in step 1). This ensures the devices are on the same subnet and are able to communicate with each other.
- From the top-right corner, select the three vertical dots, then select Settings.
- Go to the Payment tab.
- Under Integrated Debit/Credit Provider, enable the Moneris Desk/Move toggle.
- Under Terminal Connection enter your Moneris terminal's IP address and port number. If you're unsure about the port number, use 9000.
- Go to the Admin tab and select Lock Settings. Lock settings saves the current configuration so your terminal information can be restored and your payment device stays in semi-integrated mode if a reset is performed.
- Select Settings > Logout from the top menu bar to return to the POS login screen.
- Go to the POS tab and add a product to the POS suitable for a test transaction. We recommend a low priced, non-cannabis item. Select Checkout, then select Card. The payment amount should appear on the Moneris terminal. Cancel the transaction, or proceed with a real credit card.
If you're unable to connect your Moneris terminal to the GT POS, check the following.
- Check your cables. Confirm the ethernet cable is plugged into the terminal, confirm the ethernet cable is plugged into the router.
- Check your internet. Confirm your router is on and your devices have an internet connection. Unplug your router, leave it off for 30 seconds, and plug it back in.
- Validate the Moneris terminal and the GT POS are on the same subnet by comparing the IP address from the Moneris Communication Report to the IP under Network interfaces on the POS Diagnostic tab. The first three octets must be the same.
- Ensure you have selected the Moneris Desk/Move toggle in the POS settings. Selecting the general Moneris toggle will not work with Desk/5000s or Move/5000s.
- If you have multiple payment terminals, ensure each device has a unique IP address.
- For wireless terminals (Move/5000), ensure cellular (4G) communication is disabled. If your wireless terminal switches to a cellular network, the connection to your POS will be lost.
- Turn off semi-integration on your Moneris device, then turn it back on.
- Restart your payment terminal. Unplug the ethernet cable from the device for 30 seconds, then plug it back in and restart it.
- If you continue to experience issues, switch your terminal back to standalone mode and reach out to your support contact for assistance. You'll need your Moneris Communication Report.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I change my receipt printing settings?
Select Settings > Application > Integration. Use the "Print on terminal" toggle to disable/enable support for printing receipts on the terminal. This option is enabled by default. If you disable it, all receipts will print on your POS printer.
To control what print options are displayed on the Moneris pinpad, go to the Main menu, select Settings > Application (or Quick Setup) > Receipt. For more information, refer to your Moneris device user manual.
- I don't have the Moneris Desk/Move toggle in my POS settings. Can I use the generic Moneris toggle instead?
No. The generic Moneris toggle won't work with the Desk/5000 or Move/5000. If the Desk/Move toggle is missing from your settings area, upgrade your POS to v4.10.0 or higher.
- How do I check my networks IP address?
Log out of the POS and enter .14 into the pinpad. On the Diagnostic tab, use Network interfaces to determine your network's IP address.
- How do I go back to standalone mode?
On the Main menu of your Moneris terminal, swipe left to view the second screen. Select Standalone.
- My Move/5000 won't connect or keeps dropping the connection with the POS. Why?
Semi-integration is available on the Move/5000 over Wi-Fi only. Make sure you're connected to a Wi-Fi network before trying to enter semi-integration. Ensure cellular (4G) communication is disabled. If your wireless terminal switches to a cellular network, the connection to your POS will be lost.
For more information, see the article Getting Started with the Desk/5000 or Move/5000 (Moneris).